Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's a Wet, Saturated WEEK


Well, for those of you who don't know...Iowa is WET! On Tuesday night the Cedar River crested in Cedar Falls at a record breaking high 102.9 (I think). Why Cedar Falls has a different measurement than the rest of the cities around us, I am utterly confused. However, either way you look at it...the river was SUPER high & is wreaking havoc in cities south of us. I'm sure many of you are hearing about Cedar Rapids and Iowa City on TV, but that is not where I live. ;) So, for those of you worried about us...we do not live near the river, did not get water in our basement & are for the most part doing fine.

Jim's office is another story - Thank God he designed and implemented a disaster recovery plan 4 or 5 years ago for the servers he manages. When the utility company started taking on water in the building, he was able to go to his DR site & get to work on setting up office at another location.

Anyway...this is CFU - not sure if it is the highest the water was on the building, but pretty close.


I will say, the water has gone down faster than I thought it would, but the clean up is going to be a nasty job.

No comments: